Mar 21, 2010

the most heartbreaking thing for me to witness

is my mom in pain. after a great night of music, i come home to my mom still sick in bed with a fever and a body so sore she needs assistance to sit up to take medication. one thing she did manage to do was ask me if i wanted her to fix up anything for me to eat. wow.

just to see her hurting, though only physically, makes me feel like my heart is being yanked out of me. i don’t know what it is about the situation that kills me. i mean, everyone gets sick once in a while. it isn’t be the end of the world if you catch the occasional bug. i guess it’s probably the fact that it makes her so.. human. my super hero mom that would do anything to provide for me and anyone she loves is only human.

get well soon mama. love you!

No comments: