May 31, 2010

3rd action towards becoming a better person: think positive!

there were so many times today where i could've been like "fuck this! today is horrible" but after a quick grunt or two, i'd look up and though it might not have been the absolute truth, i'd tell myself that today was going to be a good day.

today....
- a coworker who enjoyed picking on me. one or two times was funny but then it was the whole day. my patience was tested but i kept calm and continued to work.
- my phone almost dead
- my smoothie spilled all over me.. instead of getting angry, i laughed at myself.
- i was late for school again.
- etc.

though today wasn't one of the best days, it was still a good day. all thanks to something i read a couple weeks ago..


"if you are feeling down, you might try counting chimneys.
your eyes have specialized light sensitive receptors which relay your surrounding light levels to a gland in your brain called the pineal gland.
in darkness the pineal gland produces melatonin, a hormone which causes drowsiness in your body. daylight inhibits the secretion of melatonin.
by lifting your field of vision to chimney level your body is able to lift your mood."

No comments: