Feb 25, 2011

y'know what happened today? i received a compliment and then said thank you.

it might not seem like a big deal but i really think that it is. it took a lot for me to say thank you then keep my mouth shut. i've always been really insecure which is such an unattractive trait to have but i admit to having it. if ever i received a compliment in the past i was really quick to jump and force down my flaws down the other persons throat, not for the sake of them fighting to get me to convince me to accept the compliments but simply because i wouldn't believe that i, flaws and all, could ever receive a compliment.

honestly, i felt a little weird not doing what i usually do but i felt better about myself afterwards. i want to be confident but it might take a while for me to get there. baby steps..

No comments: