Mar 4, 2011

thoughts in english 1129 #2

I believe that at the end of each day, we go to bed a different person. The experiences we go through throughout the day shape us and change us and I'm completely content with change (especially for the better.)  For a person choosing to stay celibate, it puts me in a difficult position to face when I say that I'm not too sure if I believe in the sanctity of marriage anymore. With divorce rates being 50% (or is it even higher now?) it's hard to not believe that marriage might not be all that it's cracked up to be. If I marry someone for the person that they are at a certain time, that doesn't define who they are going to be throughout the entire relationship (same goes for my personality.) So really, after a couple years, even a couple days, you'll be tied into a relationship with a complete stranger.. and that scares me a little bit.

No comments: