Oct 10, 2011

happy thanksgiving!!!

To start my journey towards becoming a good cook, I decided to actually help make thanksgiving dinner this year. And it was a ......... success! sort of.

The only thing I planned on making this year was that chocolate peanut butter cake that I showed a couple posts down but that ended up in a burnt-on-the-outside-gooey-on-the-inside disaster! Then I made brussel sprouts which turned out over cooked. Sigh. Practice makes perfect right?

The thing that turned out pretty well was the turkey my mom and I made together. lol. That's probably cus she had the job of taking it out of the oven when the time was right, resulting in a turkey which wasn't over cooked. And people seemed to really like it so that's good right? I need to continue working on my cooking skills. :(

(Gives new meaning to "Turkey Bacon" hehe) 
I don't say it out loud enough, but I am so blessed. This weekend we had 3 thanksgiving dinners, every night a different house but always the same people and honestly, I can't imagine a better way to spend it. It was a laughter filled weekend with the people that I love the most, I just can't even explain how thankful I am for my family.
:)

No comments: