Aug 22, 2012

Going going back back to Cali Cali

... I haven't been to California since I was 7. I don't remember much of it, all I remember was having a cousin we called Abu (Aladdin's pet monkey's name) because he had big ears haha! Cruel.. but at least he grew into them and out of the nickname.

Anyway, only 2 more days until my girlfriends and I get into the RVR and head onto the I5 towards SF for Rock The Bells then LA for shits and giggles. I have no idea what possessed me to saying yes to going on this road trip. I'm usually the type to say yes at first then back out last minute, definitely not my greatest trait but it is what it is. For it to be 2 days away and I still haven't backed out is a record, my friends can't even believe it haha. I guess it's that stupid "yolo" mentality my friends have screwed into my head.. It's a love/hate thing, I've had the best summer of my life this year but it's also been the most expensive summer of my life as well. Work hard/ play harder, right? Might as well take advantage of being 21. Legal both in Canada & the USA? Bow chicka wow wowwww

This coming thursday is bittersweet, I have my final then we're leaving to Cali. I'm excited, scared, anxious, nervous all at the same time but I wouldn't have it any other way. Nas was right, life is good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You won’t always be young. And life won’t always be just about you. So travel, young person. Experience the world for all it’s worth. Become a person of culture, adventure, and compassion."

No comments: